"What terms and conditions? I just want my manuscript edited!"
Yes, yes, and we want to be a part of that process. But there are some things that you agree to by purchasing our services that we ought to explain. You see, when you send us your manuscript and put down your deposit, it creates a contract between the Black Rabbit Press and the client (that's you!). Here are some things you should read:
- Withdrawal and cancellation of services are permitted; however, all deposits are non-refundable. If you choose to cancel our service, we will discard your manuscript and all notes and/or reports that we transcribed along with it.
- The short stories posted on our newsletters or published directly onto our website are considered copyrighted at the moment pen meets paper (or fingers meet keyboard). By entering one of our short story contests, you agree to have your story published on our website and distributed for consumption with no additional monetary gain besides the stipulated monetary prize that goes along with said contest.
- All invoices must be paid before the edited manuscripts are released back to the client.
Aside from the above, here are some more rules that we must post:
- Use of the Black Rabbit Press logo without written prior consent is strictly prohibited.
- Unapproved Distribution of our own or clients' written works will not be tolerated, and, when applicable, legal steps will be taken to mend such predicaments.